Agriculture for Jacques Matombe’s farm started 1993 at Intendance cultivating the basic needs and moved to Anse-Royale in 1995 until today.
• For him the art and science of cultivating the soil, growing crops is his passion. It includes the preparation of plant for people to use and their distribution to markets.
• Agriculture provides most of the world's food and fabrics.
• We produce a large variety of local products from small chilly to pumpkins, eggplants, spring onion, ladyfinger and many more.
• Cropping systems vary depending on the available resources and constraints; geography and climate of the farm; government policy; economic, social; and the philosophy and culture of the farmer.
• Giving value to ecosystems, recognizing environmental and livelihood tradeoffs, and balancing the rights of a variety of users and interests.
• Technological advancements help provide our farm with tools and resources to make farming more sustainable.
• Technology permits innovations like conservation tillage, a farming process that helps prevent land loss to erosion, reduces water pollution, and enhances carbon sequestration.
• Other potential practices include conservation agriculture, agroforestry, improved grazing, avoided grassland conversion, and bio char.
Mr. Jacques Matombe’s main target is to ensure a maximum of local products distribution to its customers.
Especially during the pandemic, he has a delivery facility, as there are restrictions on movement.
• We provide from fruits to vegetables on a daily basis.
OUTLETS & SERVICES
• We have five outlets in every corner of the island & the new SeyBusiness platform will work principally with our outlet at Cascade.
• We deliver fruits and vegetables from commencing households to hotels, Orphanage villages, small catering hotels and many more.
• We have now introduced a variety of basket types for your family size.
• We do special birthdays and any other occasion baskets.
• All baskets are delivered at your doorstep or offices. We ensure our population is well fortified with what they need.
WONKY BASKET at only SCR 250
- Introduced in October 2020
- Contains only fresh local vegetables
PREMIUM FRUIT BASKET at only SCR150
-Contains only Fresh local fruits
PRESIDENTIAL BASKET at only SCR500
-Contains both Fresh fruits and Fresh Vegetables
Production of local fresh fruits and vegetables on a daily basis on Mahe